Log in first by clicking 'Log in' at the top right of this page.
Already logged in? Click here.
Learn from experts and meet like-minded people
- All our members are passionate about Australian native plants
- You can learn from experts across a wide subject space - face to face or online
- Hear from great speakers
- Learn about id, propagation, planting, design, specific species and plant families, and so on
Join a local district group, or several
- Join a district group, or several to attend meetings, go on bushwalks, visit gardens and get advice
- Garner new ideas and skills related to your local area, while creating friendships
- Participate in plant sales,
- Volunteer on activities you'd learn from and where you can contribute
- Help save species through regeneration and conservation activities
Attend state level events and plant sales
- Attend quarterly or more frequent events, meetings and workshops to meet others from around NSW
- Participate in trips away to see reserves, properties, and gardens
- Join the ANPSA Biennial Conferences , held every two years
Help conserve species
- Participate in planting and regeneration activities
- Propagate endemic and hard to source species to support other conservation initiatives
- Assist in species identification, flora surveys and conservation projects
- Learn more about what you can do to conserve species
Receive regular communication
- Receive our monthly enewsletter from APS NSW, Native Plants for NSW, packed with great advice and information about what's happening across the network
- Receive District Group newsletters - full of great information, stories, events and researh
Receive the quarterly national journal, Australian Plants
The Australian Native Plants Society's main publication is the journal Australian Plants issued quarterly.
Published by APS NSW, the journal has built a high reputation since its inception over 60 years ago. Its authors include foremost experts in research into the horticulture and botany of Australian plants and is valued in both Australia and overseas.
Receiving this journal is part of your membership
Enjoy plant discounts from participating nurseries
- Receive discounts at participating nurseries and other organisations
- Some of the nurseries are run by our own District Groups and others are commercial or community nurseries, dedicated to growing native plants.
- See here for participating nurseries.
Join Study groups
- Join study groups and Australia-wide events run by our national organisation, ANPSA.
- Study groups are Australia wide groups, that focus on many aspects of growing native plants. Most focus on a specific genus (e.g. Banksia, Grevillea) or family (e.g. native peas), and some focus on plant types or uses (e.g. Wallum in Queensland, Australian Plants in Containers, or Garden Design).
- Most keep in touch via regular newsletters.
Enjoy product discounts and advice - Neutrog
- Purchase discounted Bush Tucker, an organic boosted fertiliser, specially formulated for native plants.
- Bush Tucker was developed by Neutrog in consultation with native plant expert, Angus Stewart, and soil scientist, Simon Leake.
- All members have the opportunity to purchase substantially discounted product on a regular basis.
Join for three years at todays rate
- We value ongoing participation of our members, so you can join for three years, at today's rates.
- Joining and renewal is online and easy
- Pass on your knowledge
- Make neighbourhoods more beautiful
- Immerse yourself in nature
- Get new birds and animals in your garden
- Practice art in your garden
- Become fitter
- Enjoy life!
How to join
There are three ways to become a member of APS NSW:
- Join online using our secure payment system (PayPal, credit card, direct deposit) - click on the Black Boxes below
- Print this membership form (Membership Application and Renewal Form.pdf) and email or post to us with your payment (cheque, credit card, direct deposit)
- Join through your local District Group.
When joining as a joint member, click here for information. If you'd like to make a donation, either to the Australian Plants Society NSW or a specific District Group, click here.
Membership levels as at 1 January 2020
| Category of membership
|| One year renewal
|| Three year renewal
| Individual ordinary
| Joint ordinary (2 adults, same address) - more info here
| Individual concession (Australian Pension Card or Health Care Card holder)
| Joint concession (2 adults, same address, both concessional, both Australian Pension Card or Health Care Card holders) - more info here
| Student (individual only, University, TAFE or equivalent)
| Overseas (individual only, no concession)
Membership 1 Year Application Form Membership 3 Year Application Form
Subscribing to the journal Australian Plants
Australian Plants is a quarterly journal full of up-to-date ideas, inspiration and information about Australian native plants. This is part of your APS NSW membership.
However, if membership is not right for you, then subscribe to the journal.
| Category of subscription
|| One year renewal
|| Three year renewal
| Subscription within Australia
| Subscription outside of Australia
Click on the green button below to subscribe.
Subscription to the quarterly Australian Plants journal only provides that journal. For those in NSW, membership of the Australian Plants Society NSW includes the Australian Plants journal. Information on the societies in other states and regions is available on the ANPSA website (ANPSA publications).