Our floral emblem is Syzigium australe (Scrub Cherry), a hardy tropical/subtropical rainforest tree/large shrub of the Myrtaceae family. Its white flowers are followed by a profusion of large, red edible fruit.
Our group's activities and aims include:
- Promoting our beautiful native flora on a local basis
- Providing education on cultivation, & conservation of local plant species
- Convening monthly meetings at the North Coast Regional Botanic Garden
- Arranging field outings to bush sites & properties of interest
- Producing a local newsletter to keep our members informed of our news and educational articles on related topics
- Advertising our activities in local newspapers and on community information boards
- Involvement in local community events
- Raising funds for the production of a second edition of our book Growing Native Plants on the North Coast of NSW.