Our calendar for 2023 is:
In 2022 our group’s monthly gatherings were held at a range of localities and at different times of the day and on different days of the week. In 2023 we plan to continue holding some events outdoors and others indoors (mostly evenings).
- Wednesday 1st February 10 am, Visit University of Sydney to explore the extensive use of native plantings; and later visit the Chau Chak Wing Museum.
- Sat 11 Mar 2023, piggy back onto APS NSW Gathering at Bundeena Community Hall, hosted by Sutherland group.
- Wed 5th April evening, indoor meeting at Club Burwood RSL, 96 Shaftesbury Road, Burwood. This is a Members night – short talks by various members about their particular passions concerning native plants. A chance for new members to introduce themselves & get to know long standing members
- Sun 7th May, from 10 am. Visit Sydney Park community gardens, wetland, 2 hr walk. Meet at the brickworks, opposite St Peters Station.
- Wednesday 7th June - indoors evening meeting at Burwood RSL Club, 96 Shaftesbury Rd, Burwood. Dinner from 6pm - then from 7.30pm "Something Completely Different" - Member Travels, including highlights from a trip to Bhutan.
- Sunday 9 July - Tour of the GreenWay with IWEG (Inner West Environment Group). Meet on the Arlington light rail platform (east side) at 10 am. There will also be a coffee stop at Lewisham West.
Sunday 13 August 9:30 am start – ‘PUB’ Crawl with Bankstown Bushland Society
BBS care for 21 sites in parks, patches & reserves in the Bankstown area. We are visiting 3 or 4 of these planting & bush care projects.
- Wed 6 Sept - Australian Botanic Gardens, Mt Annan - including Herbarium
11 am guided tour of the Garden with Canterbury Bankstown Council horticulturist, Jim Mackay.
- Wednesday 4 October, evening, indoor meeting – Garden Design workshop with James Middleton - who is one of our members and a landscape designer
- Wednesday 15 November - HGR Outing to Royal Botanic Gardens.
- Wednesday 13 December at 6pm – Christmas Party and AGM – Clemton Park Uniting Church Hall, 6 Dunkirk Ave, Kingsgrove (corner Miller St).
- We will hold our Annual General Meeting & planning for next year during the event, so come along to have your say about next year’s activities. Please rsvp to Liz on email@example.com
To find out more on what is coming up, check the Event Calendar.
***For further details of coming events for other district groups, please see the APS NSW website